Pages

Natural Remedies for the Common Cold - A Preppers Guide

What do you do when you get sick in a world without drug stores?

I caught a cold last week. Something that happens to all of us and should not be a big deal. I find that as I get older these run of the mill illnesses seem to get worse and longer in duration. I have gotten to the point where I need a prescription cough syrup to sleep at night once the cough starts.

If you look at the counter in my bathroom there will be cough drops, cough medicine, Ibuprofen, decongestants and whatever I can think of that might ease my suffering. I'm not trying to come off as a wimp here but having a cold sucks. I can't sleep or even think for the duration - which seems to get longer all the time. Back in the day I could count on being 100% after a week or so. Now the symptoms can last two weeks or longer.


I thought about going cold turkey on the meds to see what it would be like but decided that keeping my house awake all night with my chronic cough would not be worth it. I also suffer seasonal allergies and know just how ugly that scene gets if I don't take my meds.

Modern diseases tend to center around inflammation. Inflammation is a reaction that occurs when the auto immune system is not functioning properly. Inflammation can be traced as the cause for everything from heart disease to arthritis.

So what did we do without pharmacies and medicines to ease our suffering? A quick internet search yielded some clues to start with: garlic, cinnamon, apple cider vinegar, coconut oil. Another question arose from my research that although won't cure the common cold may explain some things. Maybe paleo man did not get colds the way we do. I am pretty sure that allergies are prevalent in our modern society because of pre and post natal care. The introduction of formula to replace breast feeding has done damage to our autoimmune function. The decrease in good gut flora has had the same affect. The introduction of antibiotics as a cure for everything in the 60's and 70's harmed a generation of people. I think that I was raised on formula and given antibiotics regularly. Diet also plays a role in disease and inflammation.

Many of our current diseases such as diabetes and arthritis were not prevalent in paleolithic times. Examination of remains show good health. Infections were the most dangerous things in these times. Our diets and lifestyles have opened pandora's box for neolithic diseases.

So the next time I get a cold I am going to give the natural methods a try. Gargling with apple cider vinegar, teas and inflammation control are going to be my priorities.


Article Source: Steven M Becker


2 comments:

  1. I am very much happy to share to every viewers that is reading this,I want to inform the whole public of how I got help for my herpes, I wanted this since 6 months ago, I have also taken treatment from some doctor,few weeks back I came on the net to see if I will be able to get any information as to cure my herpes, on my search I saw various testimony of people who was helped by a great man called Dr Akhigbe and without any hesitation, I contacted him, I wrote to him and and he guided me, I asked him for solutions and he started the remedies for me and indeed 3 weeks after I started using the medicine, I was completely happy as it worked for me.I went to the hospital for check up and indeed I was declared negative from my disease, and I also waited again for two weeks and went back to another hospital for check up to be fully sure and to my great surprise I was still declared negative, and I decided to share this great opportunity to those people out there fighting this sickness, You can contact him now for your medicine to cure your diseases, contact his Email; drrealakhigbe@gmail.com or Whatsapp +2348142454860.   website. hpps:drrealakhigbe.weebly.com
    Dr  Akhigbe also cure diseases like..
    HIV
    Herpes
    CancerChronic DiseaseAsthmaParkinson's diseaseExternal infection
    Alsmultiple sclerosis diseaseNausea, Vomiting or DiarrheaHeart Disease
    DiabetesKidney DiseaseLupusEpilepsyStrokeEczemaEating DisorderBack Pain. etc
    contact him for your solution.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello everyone! my name is Noah, I'm writing this article to appreciate the good work of DR AKHIGBE that helped me recently to bring back my wife that left me for another man for the past 6 months. After seeing a comment of a woman on the internet testifying of how she was helped by DR AKHIGBE I also decided to contact him for help because all i wanted was for me to get my wife, happiness and to make sure that my child grows up with his mother 'I love my wife' Am happy today that he helped me and i can proudly say that my wife is now with me again and she is now in love with me like never before. Are you in need of any help in your relationship like getting back your man, wife, boyfriend, girlfriend or loves and family relationship.  Viewers reading my post that needs the help of DR AKHIGBE should contact him via E-mail: drrealakhigbe@gmail.com You  can also call or contact him via whatsapp +2348142454860  He also cure deadly diseases and virus with his natural herbal medicine herbs.  like
    HIV/AIDSHERPESASTHMAEPILEPSYNAUSEA VOMITING OR DIARRHEASTROKEEXTERNAL INFECTIONCANCERDIABETESCHRONIC DISEASEHEPATITIS A&B AND OTHERS. his email again:  drrealakhigbe@gmail.comnumber : +2348142454860 

    ReplyDelete